Blue Care® Line
For answers to "What do I do?" call the Blue Care Line—1-888-247-BLUE (2583)—to speak with a registered nurse. You and your family can use this toll-free service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Simply describe your medical symptoms, and a nurse will help you decide whether you should see your doctor, go to the emergency room, or care for yourself at home. If you and the nurse determine that home treatment is the best course of action, the nurse can call you back later to see how you or your family member is feeling.
This service is available at no cost to members. And using the Blue Care Line is direct and easy. With just one simple phone call, you can:
- Find out what to do. By identifying the proper course of action, you and your family will receive the right treatment at the right time.
- Rest assured that you've done the best thing for your family.
- Save time. It's good to know if a late-night or bad-weather drive, or a long wait in the emergency room, is actually necessary.
- Save money. You'll avoid out-of-pocket expenses or copayments if your situation turns out to be minor enough that you can treat it at home, or wait to see your doctor.
If you choose, you can also listen to prerecorded health tips instead of speaking with a nurse directly.
When to Call: Illnesses and Injuries
The Blue Care Line can be helpful when you or a family member develops symptoms such as the following:
- Vomiting, nausea, or upset stomach
- Ulcer or bowel problems
- Asthma, back pain, or other chronic conditions
- Cuts, minor burns, scrapes
- Dizziness and headaches
- Sore throat or flu
- Constant crying (infants)
- General discomfort or feelings of illness
The Blue Care Line is for medical questions only. If you need answers to questions about your health care coverage, call the Member Service number on your ID card. Blue Care Line nurses cannot assist you with issues regarding claims, coverage, or referrals.