More and more health-conscious people are discovering that a healthy mouth is important for their overall health. And, having a healthy smile is easier than you think. Follow these simple tips and share them with family membersthey'll thank you after their next checkup.
Top 10 Oral Care Tips1
1. Brush at least twice a dayto keep gums and teeth healthy.
2. Floss dailyto loosen plaque between teeth.
3. See your dentist regularlyto fix problems before they get worse.
4. Limit soda, coffee, and alcoholto reduce decay and discoloration.
5. See your dentist before and during pregnancyto avoid gum infections.
6. Quit smokingto reduce the risk of oral and throat cancers.
7. Consume more calciumto ensure healthy gums.
8. Wear a mouth guard during sportsto prevent broken teeth.
9. Eat a healthy, well-balanced dietto maintain an optimal weight.
10. Use an electronic toothbrushto achieve softer, more thorough brushing.
If you haven't had a dental checkup lately, make an appointment today.
1. American Cancer Society and the Journal of Periodontology.