Our Access Blue plans combine all the benefits of a traditional plan with additional flexibility.
With Access Blue, you'll receive reliable coverage, access to the best local doctors and hospitalsAn institution whose primary function is to provide diagnostic and therapeutic inpatient services, for a variety of surgical and non-surgical medical conditions. In addition, most hospitals provide outpatient services, including emergency care. , and the ability to get care without referralsIf a PCP determines that an individual requires specialized care, the PCP may "refer" that person to an appropriate specialist. A referral is often required by a managed care plan before the plan will cover certain services. .
Our Access Blue plans differ in cost and benefits, but no matter what plan you choose, it will have these features:
- Depending on the plan design you choose, you may be required to select a primary care providerA provider, usually a family or general practitioner, internist, or pediatrician, who provides a broad range of routine medical services and refers patients to specialists, hospitals, and other providers as necessary. Under some benefits plans, a referral by the primary care provider is required to obtain services from other providers. Each covered family member chooses his or her own PCP from the network's providers. .
- You don't need referrals from your PCP to see specialists
- Your care is covered when doctors and hospitals are in your plan networkA group of health care providers under contract with a managed care company within a specific geographic area.
Generally, our Access Blue plans cover these types of care:
- Inpatient and outpatient medical care
- Mental health/substance use
- Prescription drugA drug that has been approved by the Federal Food and Drug Administration as dispensable only with a licensed physician's prescription. benefits
- Preventive care with no out-of-pocket costs
To get the specifics of your plan, check your subscriber certificate or visit Member Central and click on the Using My Plan tab. Your member ID cardIdentification cards are provided to all participants for proper identification under their group health plan. ID card information helps providers verify patient eligibility for coverage. contains valuable information so it's important for you to know how to read your ID card. Watch our Managed Care video to learn more about your health plan.