At Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, our goal is to provide a high-quality, affordable pharmacy benefit without compromising quality of care. Working closely with doctors, pharmacists, and other experts, we manage our program by asking ourselves:
- How effective is a particular medication?
- Which other medications are available to treat the same condition?
- How does the cost of a particular medication compare to that of similar ones that treat the same condition?
Today, we have a wide variety of prescription medications available to help us live longer, healthier lives. But having so many choices comes at a cost. However, together, we have the ability to keep costs down and make sure quality medications remain accessible.
What You Can Do
The most important thing you can do is to be sure you stay informed.
- Read the information on this website. It explains our formulary and our safety and effectiveness measures.
- Use our Medication Lookup tool to find out information about medications you may be taking.
- Learn how you can make the best use of your health care dollars.
Changes to Your Coverage
Your preventive care pharmacy benefits may have changed due to requirements by the Affordable Care Act. Read about these latest changes and how it affects your coverage.