Home Delivery Options
Stay Healthy, Save Time & Money
Maintenance Medications by Mail Service Pharmacy
Exclusive Home Delivery & Select Home Delivery
Our Exclusive Home Delivery and Select Home Delivery programs provide coverage through the Express Scripts mail service pharmacy for:
- Certain maintenance medications for ongoing conditions, such as diabetes and high blood pressure
- Various medications used for birth control and to lower cholesterol
Exclusive Home Delivery
If your benefits include Exclusive Home Delivery, you will be required to fill your maintenance medications from the Express Scripts Mail Pharmacy. Maintenance medications are taken on a regular basis, such as in the treatment of diabetes or high blood pressure. Because home delivery may not be the optimal way for all members to obtain their medications, you can also choose to have your maintenance medications filled from one of the retail pharmacies listed below.
Select Home Delivery
Select Home Delivery is similar to the Exclusive Home Delivery program, but it also allows you to fill prescriptions at a retail pharmacy. If you do not want the Select Home Delivery benefit, call Express Scripts at 1-877-509-5883 or Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts at the number on the front of your ID card.
When you fill your maintenance medications through the mail service pharmacy, in most cases, you will pay a smaller copayment than you would if you were to purchase the same prescription through a retail pharmacy.
For example, a three-month supply of a preferred brand-name medication may cost you $90 in copayments at a retail pharmacy, but may only cost $60 when purchased through the mail service pharmacy. Check your benefit literature for your plan's specific benefits.
In addition, you can receive:
- Free home delivery of medications in the mail
- Up to a three-month supply of medication with each order, which saves you time
- 24-hour access to a pharmacist by phone
- Easy options for refilling a prescription, including ordering online, by telephone, or by fax
How to Get Started with the Mail Service Pharmacy
If this is your first time using our mail service pharmacy, follow these easy steps below:
Go directly to the Express Scripts Pharmacy website or call them at 877-509-5883 and a representative will assist you in getting started.
- Ask your doctor to prescribe your medications for a 90-day supply, plus refills. (If you're already taking medication on a long-term basis, ask your doctor for a new prescription.)
- Call the Member Service number on your ID card and request a mail service order form (includes postage paid envelope).
- Complete the order form for each member submitting a prescription. Be sure to answer all of the questions.
- Mail the form(s) in the postage paid envelope you received.
Home Delivery Service
P.O. Box 66566
St. Louis, MO 63166-9967
If you have questions about using the mail service pharmacy or about your benefits, please call Member Service at the number printed on the front of your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts ID card. If you have questions regarding the status of your Mail Service Pharmacy prescription order, please call Express Scripts customer service at 1-800-892-5119.