Specialty Pharmacy Network
Specialty pharmacies provide medications that are used to treat certain complex health conditions. These medications are often injected or infused. Sometimes you or a family member can do that yourself. Or, you may need your doctor or another health care provider to help. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts has established a network of retail specialty pharmacies experienced in dispensing and monitoring these types of medications.
- Check to see if your medication needs to be filled at a retail specialty pharmacy.
- Choose a specialty pharmacy from our network.
- Talk to your doctor. They can send the prescription to a network specialty pharmacy.
Medications covered by pharmacy benefits only
These medications are only covered by your pharmacy benefits and can be filled through a specialty pharmacy in our network. Medications Covered Only Under Your Pharmacy Benefit.
The specialty pharmacies in our network are experts in supplying specialty medications and services to members. They also offer value-added services not available at a traditional retail pharmacy, including:
- All necessary supplies for the administration of the specialty medication (at no additional cost).
- Delivery of medications to your home or designated location of your choice.
- Access to nurses and pharmacists specializing in the treatment of your condition, who are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to provide support and educational information about your medications.
- Educational resources regarding medication use, side effects, and injection administration.
By using one of the retail specialty pharmacies in the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts network, your medication is conveniently and safely delivered to your home or a location of your choice. When medically necessary, overnight delivery is also available at no additional cost to you. This eliminates the expense and inconvenience of driving or having to find transportation to a pharmacy to pick up your medication.